Sunday 24 May 2015

cleaning - Where is this dust located on my sensor?


I have a really nasty looking piece of dust on my 550D's sensor, situated in the top right-hand corner of each image I take with anything higher than f/11. I am going to get a decent sensor cleaning kit, but I'd like to know which corner of the sensor should I focus on to get rid of this annoying particle?


In other words, does a lens flip the incoming light from left to right and turn it upside down? I think that's correct, so that means the answer in this diagram will be A, correct?


enter image description here


And before anyone asks - yes, I will clean the entire sensor while I'm in there, but this will help me focus on this particular (pun intended) problem. Thanks in advance!



Answer



C is the correct answer.



Well, actually it's A if you look at the sensor from the back, but my guess is that you will turn the camera around and access the sensor from the front. So it's C.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...