Saturday 2 May 2015

equipment damage - What could cause exposure problems after my camera got wet?



I had an unfortunate accident where my DSLR camera (and me) briefly ended up in a river. The camera wasn't fully submerged but it did get very wet. It still works, sort of, although the electrics are doing some random things. I'm hoping that's just a bit of dampness doing that, that will fix itself when it dries out fully.


More concerning is that the documents exposure metering seems to be all wrong when using the viewfinder. Pictures are extremely overexposed and nearly white. But if I use live view, then they are fine.


Why could cause this? I assume the light is routed a different way when using the viewfinder and maybe it is going through something with water/condensation on it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...