Thursday 7 May 2015

compatibility of lens hoods and lens filters with step up ring


I have never owned a lens hood, but I have owned a lens filter for my kit lens. I now have a new lens, a Canon 50mm F/1.8 STM, and I want to buy a lens hood. I read that lens hoods are made specifically for the lens, not necessarily the lens size. Will putting on a regular sized lens filter make it incompatible with a lens hood? I also own 67mm lens filters for my kit lens and would like to use a step up ring to make them compatible with my 49mm diameter lens. Will a lens hood still fit with a step up ring in the way? If not, can I buy a lens hood that is compatible with my kit lens so it will fit on the step up ring?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...