Wednesday 13 May 2015

Could I get decent underwater photos from a waterproof compact camera or is it worth buying a housing?


I'm going travel next month and been told that it's going to be great snorkeling waters where I'm going. So I thought it would be fun to take some underwater photos, which I have never done before.



I was originally planing to buy a underwater housing for my Panasonic LX3 but the only one I can find is from 10Bar and it's rather expensive.


Could I get decent photos from a waterproof compact camera or is it worth buying the housing?


Any camera recommendations?



Answer



Your idea is great, I've done it too. These cameras are perfect for snorkeling and do not cost much. If you compare underwater cameras side-by-side, then you will notice they are all very similarly specified.


The major difference you have are the Pentax WGs are not stabilized and the Canon D10 does not have a wide-angle lens. There also only two that shoot full HD video and those are the Nikon AW100 and Panasonic TS3 which happens to go deeper than all other models.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...