Saturday 16 May 2015

nikon - Will my camera autofocus over the full range of a telephoto lens with variable aperture?


I'm looking to get a Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 for my Nikon D3300. I've been trying to wrap my head around the crop factor and how that works and how it affects auto focus.


Spec sheet for my D3300 say it can't autofocus past 5.6 but I just tried setting the aperture higher than that on a different lens and tried to autofocus and it worked but maybe I'm just being super daft.


Will I be able to use autofocus in good lighting at the high end of the zoom?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...