Saturday 30 May 2015

lighting - How to use old flash units with Digital SLR?


I got some old flash units (e.g. Metz 30bct-3) that I won on eBay along with some older slr cameras. The flash units are in good condition. I thought of using them with my Canon 600D but heard about frying the camera's chip. Someone told about hotshoe pc sync and wireless trigger. I have no idea about these as I have just begin playing with dslr.


How do I get these old flashes working, either via wired or wireless, with my camera? What hardware would I need to accomplish this? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using an old flash unit with modern dslr camera?


Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...