Saturday 4 May 2019

canon - Night-time football game under field lights


I am shooting a little league football game at night under the field lights for the first time amd I have a few questions to ask.


I will be using the Canon EOS 60D camera with a Canon 24-70mm 1:2.8 L lens and a Canon 580EX Speedlite .



I'm looking for some tips about ISO speed and shutter speed (I obviously will have to experiment with various combinations of both). I intend to use autofocus and the manual shutter mode.


In the old days (with film), it was risky using too fast an ISO setting because of the grain problem. I hear that this may not be a problem with digital cameras. Is that true? Also, how important is the Speedlite when I will be far from the action?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...