Friday 24 May 2019

How do I set a Yongnuo YN600EX-RT into optical master mode to trigger a Canon 430EXII?



I just got a Yongnuo 600EX-RT and my biggest gripe is their manual! I'm trying to figure out how to get it to trigger my Canon 430EX II and I can't figure out how to set it to Optical Master mode either through its own menus or those in the camera.


When I go into the camera, the menu option is there, but it only wants to go into wireless mode, every time I click "optical" it just returns to "wireless".


I can't for the life of me figure out how you change this setting on the flash itself.


Any guidance would be very much appreciated!


Additional info:


I can get it into Master Wireless mode, just not Master Optical. I have a Canon 70D. Pressing the lightning button just cycles through modes....either Master (1 option) or Slave options or Normal mode.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...