Friday 10 May 2019

image processing - What is a quick way to restore old black and white and sepia photographs?


I have a bunch of old black and white and sepia photographs from my grandparents' album that I scanned and would like to restore. The photographs are generally in good condition. there are some scratches and dust. There are tears on a couple of them. A lot of them will need a contrast adjustment. Since there are a lot of photographs I can't devote a lot of time to each of them. I am looking for a simple algorithm for restoring old photographs. Perhaps some of you have done it before and can describe the process. Perhaps you know of good articles describing the process. Any help will be appreciated.


I have access to Photoshop CS4. I am not an expert obviously, but I know my way around. I also have no problem downloading and using Gimp.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...