Saturday 11 May 2019

depth of field - Can more than one focus point be selected?


Nowadays days, almost every DSLR camera comes with many focal points — 9, 11, 22 etc. Many of them provide us with settings to manually chose a focus point while shooting images, apart from the auto-selection of focus point based on the in-device calculations.


Can we select multiple focus points while shooting something, say a portrait? In the current scenario while I have control over a single point (which we, or the camera can stress upon) and having a shallow DOF, if I focus on the nose, the eyes get blurred slightly. Of course, I can always increase the DOF, but here I don't want to. I want to select multiple focus points. This sounds a little kinda against the rule of optics though.


PS: I have a canon EOS 550D.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...