Thursday 23 May 2019

equipment recommendation - Best auto-feed photo and/or negative scanner?


My father recently passed away and left us with grocery bags, buckets, and 55-gallon drums full of photographs and negatives. I'm guessing there are easily over 100,000 photos and 100,000 negatives.


Does anyone have recommendations for getting these turned into a digital format before the degrade further? I'm hoping there's a moderately priced (a few hundred dollars) photo and/or negative scanner that is automatic where I can toss in a handful of photos and have the fronts and backs scanned. (We'd like to save the notes he wrote on the back of the pictures too.)


If it's two separate units (one photo scanner and a separate negative scanner), that's fine too.


My day job is being a Windows and Linux admin, and I don't know too much about photography--so I probably couldn't tell you much about the pictures or negatives.



Thanks for your time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...