Saturday 25 May 2019

post processing - How can I colorize a black and white photo using colors from a similar photo?


I have several photos taken in a studio, but the one photo I like is in black and white, and I lost the raw image file. Those photos I don't like, which have colors, are really similar to the one I like: same background, same guy, same shirt, although the camera positions are a little bit different. So I'm wondering if there's an easy way to use the colors from the other photos that I don't like to colorize this black and white one.



Thanks.



Answer



This is not what you want to hear, but the answer is no, there is no easy way to do it. I am not aware of any working algorithms which can automatically colorize a photo. given a colored template or not. I would rather try to find or recover (recuva, or some tools that can un-delte come free together with memory cards) the RAW which you lost. You don't write how you lost the raw; if you just accidentally deleted it you might be able to recover it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...