Tuesday 7 May 2019

What is the easiest way to alter white balance in Gimp?


Let's say I've accidentally shot my pictures on "sunny" white balace when I should have used "shade". What is the easiest way to warm the pictures up a bit in Gimp? The "Colors/Color balance" tool does not really cut it, as I don't want to mess with three sliders for three brightness levels.



Answer



The quickest GIMP tool I'm aware of is the Colors → Levels… tool. Near the bottom of the tool are four buttons: Auto, Pick black point, Pick gray point, and Pick white point. You can use the auto (iffy, but it may get it right or close for minor adjustment) or use the white point button to select the white point in the image.


It is, by the way, the same technique I suggested for Photoshop in the first link @mattdm supplied.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...