Friday 25 November 2016

hotshoe flash - Why won't my Canon Speedlite 430EX II AF Assist come on?



I just purchased the Canon Speedlite 430EX II and for the life of me I can't get the AF Assist light to come on! I shoot in manual on my 5D Mark II, and I have set the flash on ETTL. The guide says the AF assist light is supposed to come on when it senses that it's too dark, but it doesn't. I have checked the custom functions and I have made sure that the AF assist function was enabled.


Am I doing something wrong? Is there some check that I can do to be sure that the flash is properly working?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...