Tuesday 15 November 2016

Does the Canon 60Da offer significant advantage over 60D with infrared filter for astrophotography?


I am looking to buy a new camera to upgrade from my 1000D. I found the 60D to meet most of my needs but came across the 60Da variant when trying to make a decision.


The price difference is considerable between the 60D and his "A" brother, the 60Da, and I would like to know if any of you have or tried and compared these cameras for astrophotography. I want to mention that although I won't be taking pictures of the sky very often, but mostly portraits, I would like to have this possibility available at any time.


In that sense I would like to know which situation is more advantageous, a 60Da or a simple 60D with a infrared filter? How do the results from these cameras compare to each other and can you improve and/or best a 60Da's photographs in a astrophotography context with a 60D paired with good infrared filter?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...