Friday 18 November 2016

Cutting lens filter/accessory threads


I'm interested in making some custom lens accessories, but am stuck trying to find a tool, or method suitable for cutting this style of thread. Adapters with these threads already cut are cheap and available online, but are not always suitable, and I'd like to cut my own.


I've been asking machinists, metalworkers, product fabrication enthusiasts, etc. to no avail. So now I'm asking photographers. Does anybody here have experience with this kind of thing?



∅58mm Camera Thread ∅58mm Camera Thread Close-up




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...