Monday 7 November 2016

post processing - Why does darkening skies in Photoshop cause banding, and how can I avoid it?


I am pretty new to Photoshop (I have Elements 10). When I darken highlights I find that the sky ends up in bands. I have read advice that says to reduce the effect of this by using either blur or noise. However I do not find either of these solutions satisfactory. Blur blurs the edges but I still find the bands obvious and noise looks ugly at the point when it disguises the bands. Is there a better way to darken the sky or remove the bands?


For example: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamiekitson/8237292309/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...