Saturday 2 July 2016

printer recommendations



I recently returned to using a DSLR after several years of just using a point-and-shoot. I would like to get a home printer that's good enough that, when I'm not satisfied with the photo, I can rule out the printer and concentrate on the 101 other variables that contribute to photo quality. I'm a bit overwhelmed right now and just want to find some systematic way to start improving my work. I kind of broke the bank buying this gorgeous Nikon D5200 and a couple of good lenses. I already had a Mac and Photoshop CS6. Is there any relatively inexpensive printer that has both good inks and a straight paper feed? Don't laugh, but, say $300 or less? The photos don't have to be archival and don't have to be larger than 8.5x11 (though it would be nice if they were). I don't care about bells and whistles like wifi or in-printer photo fixing. It doesn't have to be a multifunction printer. I mostly want something that's good enough to experiment and learn on. I suppose for the occasionally really special photo I could have it done professionally somewhere. Thanks very much for any suggestions.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...