Wednesday 20 July 2016

lightroom - How to do the same crop on a batch of photos?


I've got a batch of photos (an owl coughing up a pellet in case you're curious). I want to make an animated GIF out of them, but the result would be improved if they were all given an identical crop first.


I'm currently using Picasa for my basic photo editing on a Windows 7 PC. While Picasa does have batch editing, crop is not one of the items on the batch menu. Does Lightroom have a batch crop?


If there's a way to get Picasa to show me the coordinates of the crop selection rectangle, I could also use that information to do the same crop repeatedly.


Are there any tools that let you crop an animated GIF? I know I can create the animated GIF by uploading the component images to Google+ and then looking in the Auto Awesome area. I don't know about tools for working with animated GIFs.



Answer




Yes, Lightroom has a batch crop.


You first of all apply a crop to the first image. Then in the library grid view, you right-click on the first image, and under the header "Develop Settings" you chose "copy settings".


You then select the option "Crop" and deselect all the other options (unless you also want to copy those to the batch).


You then click on the "copy" button and select all images that you want to apply the crop to. Then right-click again on the images and chose "Develop Settings" - "Paste Settings".


Then the crop is applied to all images selected. Here is a guide with screenshots.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...