Sunday 31 July 2016

What external flash for a Nikon D3100?


I've been considering buying a Yongnuo external flash for a Nikon D3100, but I'm a bit confused. Which of them will work with my camera, the Yn565-ex or the Yn568ex Speedlite? I'd want the best one that is compatible with my camera, but I'd also not want to spend money on features that I won't be able to use.



Answer



Both will work fine if they are the model for Nikon cameras. Should say "for Nikon", and NOT for Canon, etc.


A difference in those two models are that the YN-568EX supports HSS, which the D3100 does not. Won't hurt, but it suggests that you may want to start with the YN-565EX, a bit less money. It will be a good flash. If you plan to upgrade to a D7200 or D750, etc, those higher models do support HSS. See http://www.scantips.com/lights/yongnuo565.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...