Friday 1 July 2016

nikon - Which Lightroom import presets should I use to get output like that from Capture NX?


When I import NEF photos into Lightroom, they do not look as good as they appear when importing into Capture NX. The colours look a little more muddy and there is a lack of contrast.


This means that I have do a little more work in Lightroom to make them look better.


Are there any presets, that I can use on import, which I can use to make the photos look more like how they appear in Capture NX?



Answer



Best probably would be to create your own presets: fiddle the settings in LR dev until you like the result, store the settings as preset and apply this preset on future imports.



Maybe you will want to add some camera profiles (I've created my own profiles (germany) for the D40 and D90 and stored them for usage in Lightroom).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...