Wednesday 13 July 2016

Sony a7 raw files converted to DNG won't open in non-Adobe applications


I have accidentally converted some of my RAW files into DNG while importing to Lightroom. Normally this is not a problem as most photo applications open DNGs as well. My issue is that whatever photo I have taken with Sony a7 and Sony Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 can't be opened in any application other than Lightroom and Photoshop. Apple Preview can't display their content and they can't be opened in Capture One either. Photos I have taken with third party lenses on the same camera all work seamlessly everywhere (although passed through the same RAW->DNG conversion). Why does this happen and is there any way to fix it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...