Wednesday 13 July 2016

lens - How to know you've outgrown your equipment?


I have only started shooting recently, as a hobby. I use Canon EOS M100. I use a EF to EF-M adapter to use EF 50mm f/1.2L USM.


The camera seems to have trouble focusing and light metering (with auto ISO overexposing the image a lot). The red AF assist light seems to be hitting the lens.


Should I switch back to an appropriate EF-M lens (15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM) or upgrade to a full frame body?


I understand that what I'm asking for is very subjective, and depends on the needs and my requirements as a photographer.


I am asking for experience with feelings of "fighting your equipment". Am I a bad photographer complaining about their equipment or a photographer hitting the limits of their equipement?


I like to shoot natural-light (so sometimes low-light) portraits, street photography. Fast focus, image stabilisation, large aperture... these seem unachievable on an EOS-M camera body.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...