Monday 4 July 2016

lens - Canon EOS 1000D gives Err 01, then phase-detection AF stops working


The other day, I was taking some pictures outside and everything was working fine, but at some point, the display on my camera showed this error:



Err 01


Communications between the camera and lens is faulty.
Clean the lens contacts.



I tried turning off and on the camera, but the error was still there. So I tried removing the lens, but I didn't see anything strange and the error kept showing. Removing the battery made it disappear, but when I tried shooting again it reappeared. After repeating the whole process for some time the error didn't show up anymore, but now the camera doesn't shoot anymore.


What happens is that if I choose the auto-focus mode, it seems that it can't get the focus so it doesn't shoot, no matter what. With the manual focus it does shoot. I can also shoot with autofocus and live-view mode on.



Any idea what the issue is or what can I do?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...