Friday 28 August 2015

lens - Will I see enough improvement moving from EF-S to "L" lenses to warrant the cost?


My wife and I are driving through the Black Hills, Mt.Rushmore, on to Yellowstone and Glacier National park. I currently own a Canon 70d, using my 15-85mm & 55-250mm Canon lenses. Knowing I'll never take such a trip again, I want the best quality pix I can get. My questions are, will I get obvious better photos with L lenses, and what lens choice makes the best sense? I've looked at both versions of the Canon 16-35 ....f2.8 & f4 (which somehow gets better reviews and is "cheaper")....and the 24-105. The 16-35 is perhaps a better choice on my crop camera, but isn't much of a zoom. The 24-105 has more zoom, but not much on the wide end. Will I really see photos better enough to warrant the cost? Any thoughts or advice would be great thanks!!


Edit- From one of Bob's comments below: "I've probably shot 30,000 photos with every Canon crop sensor model they made.... Till the 70d... Which I own. I've taken shots in Hawaii,... Mexico, Colorado etc... With a variety of lenses, ... Settling mostly on what I now have due to retirement budgetary restraints. All those years I wished I had quality L glass... Because, as someone said, a lot is in the eye. I feel I have that. I shoot only in manual mode, and look for those color popping... Sharp scenes I suspect comes with "good glass"."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...