Tuesday 18 August 2015

equipment recommendation - How can I select a good monopod for under $100?


We have two good questions that are similar to this this question discusses how good monopods are. And this one talks about tripods under $100. The second was the inspiration for this question.


I am looking for some possibilities for monopods with good stability for Canon XXXD class cameras with mid size telephotos like 70-200's under $100.



An added feature which would be ideal, is the ability to use the monopod as a hiking staff or walking stick.


A friend of mine also mentioned to me that he knew of a tripod which disassembled into two walking sticks and a third part. If you have any information on this, I would be very interested.



Answer



I believe you're looking for something like the TrekPod. I picked one of these up a year or so ago, and I love it. As others have been quick to point out, it's no substitute for a real tripod, but it's a great hiking companion, IMO.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...