Monday 10 August 2015

flash - What to look out for in indoor restaurant photography?


I'm tasked with documenting a company event we are hosting in an restaurant. As you can see the place is lighted but I'm sure it's still consider dark for photography. I'm not a professional photographer, I only shoot as a hobby, so I'm not sure what to expect to document an event like this. What are some of the things I should prepare myself for?



  • Is flash an absolute necessary?

  • I should probably gel my flash? And if so, can I bounce off the ceiling or do I need diffuser?

  • What focal lengths would I need to get a good variety of shots? Some really wide 16mm to maybe 135?


  • I don't want to interrupt the activities of the night (speeches, discussions etc) should I aim to shoot very long?

  • Anything else I have overlooked?


I also want to add that, I have access to a Sony A99 full frame camera and the fastest lens of that system (1.4 primes).


Also, I'm expected to produce results suitable for the web only and no prints will be made.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...