Sunday 26 April 2015

nikon - How important is lens selection for getting a retro, film look?


So basically I'm planning on buying my first DSLR camera. I'm familiar with cameras it's just that I never had my own DSLR. I will probably get some entry-level second-hand Nikon body with kit lens since I don't want to spend money on the body at the moment. Probably something like d5100 or d3300. I will upgrade the body later.


The main question is choosing the second lens, but that is where all of my knowledge about lenses ends (kind of). I really love old retro looks, grainy, nostalgic feel photos. Not sure how much lens adds to that, but I would like to maximise my abilities to take photos like these with least post-production as possible. Total budget for accessories incl. lens is around 350$. What lens specs I should consider?


Akabane, Tokyo


Yakitori and Tachinomi


Kichijoji, Tokyo



Love hotel (Uguisudani, Tokyo)


photos's author: "xperiane" on flickr


P.S. Advices for accessories like filters, hoods are very appreciated




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...