Tuesday 7 April 2015

How to create Lightroom 4 import customization using filename and path?


I want my photos to be stored like this


YYYY/YYYY-MM-DD_Name_of_shooting/YYYY-MM-DD_Name_of_shooting_001.nef

(The date is the date of shooting)


Is it possible to setup LR 4 in such a way that the only thing I have to do while importing is to fill in the Name_of_shooting?


I have partially achieved a solution, but it is not optimal since I have to type the folder name manually. I have created Template in File Renaming. I just have to type Custom text (=Name_of_shooting) and it renames files correctly and that's fine.



But next I want LR to put it in folder with the date and Name_of_shooting from template. In destination, I leave selected the root YYYY folder. Next I've ticked "Into subfolder" and I always have to manually fill in the date and the Name_of_shooting. "Organize" is set to "Into one folder".


This is something similar to Q here, but what they achieved is using the current date and not Name_of_shooting in folder name through a little hack in LR.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...