Wednesday 15 April 2015

camera controls - How to lock speed dials on Nikon DSLR (D600) while in manual mode


Is it possible to lock Shutter speed and Aperture settings so dials can't accidently change them?


Last time I was shooting with flashes I accidently moved shutter speed dial from 1/200 to 1/250. Small black stripe appeared unnoticed on all following pictures due to lag in wireless flash trigger (a piece of curtain). I want to avoid this in the future by locking SS and A.


If it is not possible, how do you personally prevent these changes from happening?


I am using Nikon D600.


(I know about AE-lock, but it controls automatic metering in [semi-]auto modes.)



Answer



The only way you can lock them is to put a piece of tape over them. And even that's not fool proof.



I'll argue that the only solution to this is to simply monitor what you're doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...