Friday 10 April 2015

canon - Why is my camera focusing fine in liveview but getting it wrong with the viewfinder?


When I first got my Yongnuo 50mm f/1.8 it would not focus through the viewfinder. It will always miss (95% of times). Yet it worked fine in liveview. And now, recently, I started noticing the same issue with my 18-55mm. I reviewed some pictures a friend took 2 weeks back (using my body) and the AF is always a little off. It's never really there!



I tested this with multiple focus points today, I placed two toy figures a few inches apart in the middle of the room against a white wall and took a bunch of test shots. It either grossly missed focused or came really close at smaller apertures. At best, toy figures had a soft look, whereas the same shots come out crisp when taken in liveview!


P.S my kit lens worked fine on a friend's 70D (I haven't tried it recently though)
Body: Canon SL1
Lenses: 18-55mm Kit; Youngnou 50mm f1.8
Summary: Camera won't focus through viewfinder; works fine when operated through liveview.


What can possibly be the cause, and how can I fix this?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...