Thursday 21 November 2019

workflow - Is there a ticket system available for photographing the general public?


This is something I have been looking to do for quite some time. When the royal wedding happened last year(2011) we went into the centre of town where there was a big street party.



I started taking a few photos and in amongst the crowd a chap saw my DSLR round my neck and said "hey mate can you take a photo of us?" I replied with sure I can.


I took the photo and the guy said what's my number? I was like what number? he said you know the number, so we can find the shot on your website.


I got what he meant, but I explained I was just a guy with a cam to which he called me a pervert and left. Charming!


Anyway it got me thinking if there was a system I could use for photographing people and giving them a number to find themselves on my website. This could be used at any public event - maybe even at fun runs etc.? or using peoples running numbers as locators?



Answer



You are looking for a software package that handles photography known as Event Photography. There is an awful lot out there, some is probably great, some crap. So read the reviews, blogs, look for free trials.


Here's some to start you off, but I just googled and got them:



and some other sites




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...