Saturday 16 November 2019

sdcard - Canon 60D with SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Class 10 = Card Error



I have a Canon EOS 60D ( firmware : v1.1.0 ) and a SanDisk Mobile Ultra 32GB microSDHC Class 10 with converter.


60D reported Card Error. I try to format with the camera as told, it said: Cannot format, change card.


Then, I try to format in my Mac with Disk Utility with FAT32 + MBR, it is read-write-able in Mac, but still, Card Error in 60D.


Then, I try to format in my Mac with Disk Utility with exFAT + GUID, it is read-write-able in Mac, but still, Card Error in 60D.


Then, I try to format in my Mac with SD Formatter with Quick Format, it is read-write-able in Mac, but still, Card Error in 60D.


Then, I try to format in my Mac with SD Formatter with Quick Format with Logical Address Adjustment, it is read-write-able in Mac, but still, Card Error in 60D.


UPDATE : I tried to use the card in an old Samsung compact digital camera PL80, it works, and it can be formatted. Strange, after I formatted the card with the camera, old files are still here and the photos are gone.


UPDATE : Double checked with Panasonic 128MB full size SD card & SanDisk 2GB full size SD card, work perfectly.


UPDATE : The SD lock is at unlock position. If I push it to lock position, 60D will report Card is locked.


UPDATE : Tried to format the card in Windows XP. It reported that the card only has 29.97GB capacity ( should be 31.xxGB ) and cannot be formatted with any disk format, including FAT32 and NTFS. It said, Windows is unable to complete formatting.



What should I do next ?


CONCLUSION


I took the card for replacement . The old one was proven faulty and the new one works fine . Thanks for everyone helping . ( Proved I was just in bad luck ... )



Answer



It's going to be an issue with the card and compatibility. Doing a quick Google search some people are having compatibility issues along a range of devices. (Including but not limited to the Samsung Galaxy SIII Micro SDHC 32GB Class 10 Card Problem)


A new firmware version 1.1.1 is now available for the 60D as of yesterday (06/19/12).


Canon 60D Software Downloads


Even though SD card compatibility is not listed as a feature of the update, sometimes there are changes not listed in the changelog. I would do the update and then go from there.


Can you return it and get a different card? May I ask your reasons for getting a MicroSD for your 60D?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...