Saturday 9 November 2019

lighting - How to avoid objects casting shadows when taking pictures of products?


I am starting my own business and need to take photos of my products. However, the lighting in my apartment is not that great and it is also cloudy and rainy outside, so no sunlight in here or anything. The only thing that remotely works is the flash on my camera, however in most cases it alters the color of my products.



I just took a picture of a headband (without flash) and the shadows looks so bad. The flower casts a huge shadow on the headband. I know I can't edit it in Photoshop either.


sample photo


I am on a budget so I can't afford any fancy equipment. All I have is an iPhone camera and a white tablecloth to use as the background.


Any suggestions?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...