Friday 22 November 2019

Why is my Nikon 18-300 lens not focusing at higher focal lengths?


I found a similar question about the 18-200. Someone suggested screwing the front element tighter. Is it possible to do the same with the 18-300? My problem happens at 200-300mm. I am not sure how to lift the outer ring around the lens and access the tabs (if they exist) to tighten it. I saw youtubes about cleaning the 18-200 but nothing for 18-300.


I also have an additional problem with the MANUAL option: at 300mm it is impossible to focus. Thank you all in advance for your suggestions and assessments.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...