Sunday 17 November 2019

equipment recommendation - What retro design, compact-sized digital cameras are there?


I've recently started shooting with the Canon AE-1 Program and am loving it. I do enjoy the film look (it's rather expensive in the long term though) but it's the way I use the camera that really appeals to me. Also I do miss the convenience of digital. Therefore I've been looking around for a digital equivalent that fulfills the following criteria:




  • compact size

  • has interchangeable lenses

  • large and bright viewfinder

  • ease in manual focusing (ideally, something built for manual focusing)


Basically, just a AE-1 with a digital sensor in place of film. So far I've looked at the Leica M9 and Fujifilm Finepix X100. While the M9 is what I would want, it's just way out of my budget (which is just around $1500, note that this refers to my budget and not how much the M9 costs), and suppose that of most people, whereas the X100 misses on the manual focusing, large viewfinder, and interchangeable lens part. (It still looks fun to use though; just don't wanna plunk down that much money for it.) However, if anyone who's used a X100 can address my concerns for it or workarounds, I'm all ears. :)


So are there any other cameras out there that I should have considered but missed?


I intend to use it solely for street photography.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...