Sunday 10 November 2019

storage - Storing Lightroom images externally


I have just started using Lightroom 3 after hearing a lot of recommendation from others. I have imported by originals (some RAW, some jpeg) into the Lightroom catalog and it all works fine.


However, since my laptop's harddisk space is about to run out I want to move those originals into an external harddisk while not changing my Lightroom catalog. Can I do it? Will I still be able to work with the images without having to connect this external harddisk?


I just need to know how this works and how do I do it safely so that I don't accidentally lose all the changes I made into the images in Lightroom.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...