Saturday 28 September 2019

How does a Micro 4/3 thirds system perform for Landscape Photography?


I am doing lots of landscape and outdoor photography and one of the biggest drawbacks is that I have to carry heavy dslr gear together with an already heavy backpack. So I was thinking about a paradigm shift and going down to a smaller system.


I guess that losing width at the wide end of the focal range is the biggest fear I have at this point. I need and love the ultra wide angle. Currently the EF-S 10-22 is my favourite outdoor lens. I know that I can't expect such extreme angles at a M4/3 but is there at least some lens available with considerable wide angle performance?


Other necessary features for landscapes would be the ability to attach filter systems or at least a CPL filter. Bulb mode and manual exposure features + bracketing would be important as well. What about remote shutters? Is there something available?



Anyone who took a m4/3 out for some serious landscape shooting?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...