Wednesday 18 September 2019

equipment recommendation - Could I use an IPS based TV to edit photos in a color-calibrated environment?


Over the past weeks, I've been trying to get all of my color issues worked out. Getting closer, but I'm not there. I've calibrated my monitor with a friend's calibrator and that helped. I'm using the profiles provided by the local processor.


It's close. How close depends on the viewing angle.


So I'm thinking IPS monitor might be a good next step.


Googling around, I see that I could get an 32" IPS based TV for $400


Given that IPS based 22/23" monitors run $250-$300, this seems like a lot more monitor for not much more money.



What are the faults in this logic?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...