Tuesday 10 September 2019

equipment recommendation - How can I attach a lens without a collar to a tripod?


I have a Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 push-pull and I wonder how to use it on a tripod. There is no collar.


What is the best solution to attach it to a tripod? ("Best" is rather vague, it should take into account the easiness to find the required materials for the most part as well as how bulky the solution is. Price is rather secondary in my case.) Are there any universal collars or would it be ok to only attach the camera body?


I am not looking for a head/tripod recommendation, I am looking for a way to link {camera + lens} to {tripod + head}.



Answer



You might want to consider a lens support device like the Manfrotto 293.


Manfrotto 293 (Lens Support)


This is my camera with a 300mm F4.5 prime on it. The device is currently in the shortest position so it could be extended to support longer lenses.


I use the device for when I do piggyback astrophotos.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...