Sunday 8 September 2019

astrophotography - Are these stars or noise?


Tonight I decided to take a couple of shots with my Nikon D3200 on a tripod for the first time. When I was looking at them on my computer, I noticed these dots. Are these stars or just noise? I highly doubt they're stars because I live in quite a light polluted area in Miami, but it doesn't hurt to ask and learn if it even is noise or something else. I should probably mention I've been more heavily involved with all things photography and cameras for about a year now and I'm just in the beginning stages of photography, so obviously the picture you see in this post isn't magnificent in any way.


The dots that are probably just noise and not stars





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...