Monday 19 August 2019

white balance - How to set color temperature to get images with a strong red color cast?



red photo


In the above image, there is a very strong red light cast over the room. How can I produce a similar image? My images either look terrible and washed out, like I took them on a cell phone camera (with 4000k color temperature setting) or they just look like normal white - no red overcast- if the white balance is set "correctly" (like 1500K). Do I just need to find the white balance sweet spot or is my method entirely wrong?


p.s. Here is another example photo:



Modern Art, Copyright 2010 by Chris Esler, All Rights Reserved




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...