Monday 19 August 2019

raw - Corrupt NEF files


I had some NEF files in a folder that I didn't do anything with.
When importing them in Lightroom, no previews and a "file unsupported or damaged message"
So I tried with Nikons ViewNX, nothing. Even not in DxO or PhotoMechanic.


I had a look with EXIFTool and the corrupt file prints me only this:


ExifTool Version Number         : 8.39

File Name : _DSC5559.NEF
Directory : /Users/tunafish/Desktop
File Size : 12 MB
File Modification Date/Time : 2010:11:29 12:46:56+01:00
File Permissions : rwxrwxrwx
Error : File format error

I saw another question on photo.stack Damaged RAW (NEF)-files: ideas? and tried to copy over the makernotes from a good file (_DSC5556.NEF) with


exiftool -tagsfromfile _DSC5556.NEF -makernotes _DSC5559.NEF


but EXIFTool gives me this error


Error: Not a valid TIFF - _DSC5559.NEF
0 image files updated
1 files weren't updated due to errors

I have uploaded 2 NEF's, with _DSC5559.NEF being the corrupt one here:
Corrupt NEF files




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...