Friday 23 August 2019

galleries - What is the best way to hang or mount photos for a showing?


I'd like to mount some of my pictures onto a wall for a simple gallery-showing. I have the physical pictures mounted to a card-stock matte. I'd like to know the best way to hang that matted picture flat onto a wood wall.


I've tried double-sided tape which works but when I remove the pictures from the wall it rips the back of the matte. I've thought about the 3m command strips but they are really expensive and not reusable. I don't want to use something that will protrude like a nail.



Answer




"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.” - Erica Jong



Yes, they are expensive but 3M Command Strips are the right answer. If you use enough of them you can hang an image 8 feet wide, so they scale well. The remove completely cleanly. When I looked about 2 years ago, that was the best I found.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...