Saturday 10 August 2019

tamron - Macro lens: IF or Extending Barrel?


I'm an aspiring photographer of fish. So the implication is that, I have a segemented working distance:



  • 1st Between me and the aquarium, that I can adjust

  • 2nd The breadth of my aquarium


The 2nd is sadly a limiting point, and this has me asking, is an Internal Focusing macro lens a bigger benefit for me?



The Tamron 90mm's flagship version has IF, but the older, cheaper one doesn't. But they both achieve 1:1 at relatively the same distance. So is there really any impact?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...