Monday 26 August 2019

portrait - How to find models for portraiture?


So far, portraiture has not been my main area of interest, but I do find many portraits fascinating and would like to develop myself further. Across time, I've gathered various theoretical knowledge on portraiture, have got my gear together and done a few self-portraits and shot friends and family.


The next logical step, it seems, is to start taking portraits of strangers - but how (and where) to find those? I've seen the older question concerning taking photos of strangers, but I'd like the shots to be a bit more prepared than plain street photography (I'd like to select or set up a background and lighting).



I don't intend to use the photos commercially, so I have no strict requirements regarding model releases or professional level of the models. On the other hand, this limits my willingness to invest heavily.



Answer



Model Mayhem is used well known website to find models. You can find not-so-well established models who will model for free in exchange for head shots. It is a good way to start out.


Another option would be to join a local portraiture meetup group in your area. They normally share the cost of the studio and the model when doing a shoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...