Wednesday 6 March 2019

post processing - How do I remove dead pixels from a digital photo?


I have a Nikon D90 and until recently it has been working just perfectly. While viewing a set of photos I had taken I'm starting to find these little nasty dead pixels:


alt text http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7391/d90noise.png


They only show up when zoomed in - however now that I know they are there I can pick them out of just about any photo I shoot. What are some techniques to go about removing these?



Answer



Adobe Lightroom (I know, broken record) has a tool to spot clean. Once you define the area, you can apply it to all photos in a collection.



As Mister Shaw has commented on, some camera's have dust delete capabilities, which may work.


Also, have you considered (out-of) warranty repair on your body?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...