Saturday 2 March 2019

learning - How can I get started with a first flash gun?


I just got myself a flash gun for my dSLR. I realise that I don't quite know what to do with it. What should I do to get used to it, and to learn about how to get the most out of it?


I'm interested in resources for learning about what to do with my new kit, and easy projects that I might take on to improve my knowledge.


I don't want to know about extra kit I may want in the future (light stands, remotes etc) [Which were a large part of the question this was a proposed duplicate of.]




Answer



Read the Strobist 101 series on the David Hobby's Strobist site. http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/03/lighting-101.html


He provides an amazing amount of knowledge on use of small flash. It also provides some homework assignments that can serve as inspiration to help you get out and use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...