Thursday 28 March 2019

equipment recommendation - Which one wide-medium lens to buy as the main lens for an outdoor wedding?



I have my first solo wedding gig coming up and I'd love recommendations for almost any lens (under $1500, preferably) to go on my 7D. My Sigma wide-angle is basically no longer usable. I have some macro lenses, a tele that goes to 300mm, an 85mm portrait lens, and plans to pick up a 35mm or 50mm (I'll have these on a second body throughout the wedding).


That being said, what are my best options for the wide-angle/mid-range main lens? The Canon 24-70 2.8 and the 24-105 4L are the most obvious choices, but I do realize they're not super wide for a cropped camera. What are other good choices for sharp photos and stunning color? The wedding is outside, so having no IS is not a huge issue. Also, it's a fairly small wedding, so I don't need a whole lot of reach. I'd prefer to stay away from Sigma and Tamron since I've had trouble with them before, but I'm open to suggestions. If you've worked with any of these lenses before or have suggestions for a good, reliable investment, I could use the help. I realize this is fairly common question area, but I've been researching and can't seem to come to any conclusions, and I need to make a purchase this week to account for the learning curve. Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...