Wednesday 30 January 2019

lighting - How can I blow out the background when shooting down for clothing on the ground?


I'm looking for suggestions to blow out the background when shooting down for clothing on the ground. I've tried putting the clothing on a plain white background that I typically use when shooting clothing on a mannequin, but I can't light the background more than the clothing when it's on the ground.


I'd like to be able to completely blow out the background and simplify any post-processing work. Some ideas that I've thought of are:




  • Raising the clothing (difficult since it's irregular) and trying to light the background.

  • Put the clothing on a translucent material and light from the back. (But what material that I can afford?)

  • Buy a light box, but I'm not sure if that will help. Will a light box somehow let me illuminate the background more than the product?


What has worked for you (and not cost too much)?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...